About Exchange Programs:
· Exchange programs are non-degree programs in which no degree is conferred on the students at the end of the program. However, a report containing the status of the courses taken by the student during his/her stay at the host institution will be delivered to the home institution. Students should consult the education office of their departments in advance to ensure that the credits of the courses they intend to take at the host institution will be transferrable to Sharif as their required/optional courses. According to the regulations of SUT, recently ratified by the Vice-Presidency for Education and Graduate Studies, the grades of courses taken in international exchange programs will be inserted as CR (pass) and NR (fail) in the transcript of the students.
· Exchange programs may take one semester to two semesters.
· Exchange programs are available for all degree programs at BSc, MSc, and Ph.D. levels.
· There are two kinds of exchange programs; educational and research exchange programs. In the latter, the student is expected to spend the period of his/her stay at a lab in the host institution or work on an ongoing research project at the host institution. In the former, the student is expected to pass several courses at the host institution. For both programs, the student would have a supervisor at the host institution monitoring his/her educational/research activities.
· During their stay, exchange students should observe all rules and regulations of the host institution.
· The host institution will examine the applications of the students (usually submitted through the international affairs office) to decide whether the applicant may be accepted for the exchange program. Different universities have slightly different deadlines for the applications and also different mechanisms for submitting them. The details of these will be announced on this page.
· Tuition fees are waived for exchange programs. However, living expenses, travel and accommodation costs should be paid by the students. In some exceptional cases, the host university will provide accommodation free of charge.
· Applicants for exchange programs have to take into account their military service status since there are some limitations for students with educational exemption to exit the country for the whole period of the exchange program. Of course, female students and male students who have obtained permanent exemption would have no problem in this regard.
· Students who want to (or for different personal reasons have to) spend a semester at an international university can take advantage of these exchange programs. The philosophy behind exchange programs is the consolidation of cultural relations and exploring the opportunities of other universities. Exchange programs between universities are usually done mutually, namely for each student going from the home institution to the host institution, a student would come from the host institution to the home institution.
Should you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com/ +982166164780 (ext. 3).
❗ You may find bellow 2023-2024 Fact Sheet for incoming students exchange program:
Currently, Sharif University of Technology has student exchange agreements with the following universities: